What's Happening | Quoi de neuf
(Have an event you'd like to submit? Email email@example.com)
(Vous souhaitez proposer un événement ? Courriel : firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ongoing Events | Événements en cours
• Kids Days are back at the Upper Ottawa Valley Heritage Centre. We’re offering a variety of different themes. To register message us on Facebook, email or call email@example.com, 613-735-0517. For details and a full schedule visit www.champlaintrailmuseum.com/newsroom.
• You asked, we listened! Introducing the Youth 1st Centre new virtual courses: Red Cross Babysitter and Youth 1st Home Alone. These are the same quality courses you have heard about, but that can be taken from the comfort of your own home. Does it get much better? Spaces are limited. For more details and to register visit www.cfmws.com.
• Team Rubicon Canada is a disaster response charity assisting Ottawa Valley residents with flood relief efforts and they recognize that many homeowners still have work to do on their properties. Team Rubicon is offering additional assistance to those in need. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you or someone you know still needs help. For more information visit www.teamrubicon.ca.
• Alcoholics Anonymous. All live meetings currently suspended due to Covid 19. Zoom Meetings available through www.pembrokeaa.org, or call 24 hour helpline 1-877-746-7360.
• Killaloe and Seniors Friendship Club come out and play cards, scrabble, chest, board games and crafts every Monday from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Coffee, tea and a snack. 12 Lake St. Killaloe. Everyone welcome.
• Knights of Columbus is looking for practicing Catholic gentlemen to join our council. We are situated in the basement of the Parish Hall of Our Lady of Sorrows Church at 10 Mohns Ave. We meet every second Wednesday at 1900hrs. Visit www.kofc.org for more information.
• Pembroke and Area Toastmasters Club meets every Tuesday at 7 p.m. virtually. Learn to speak more confidently, be more engaging, spice up your stories. Visit pembroke.toastmastersclubs.org or call 613-649-2950 for more information.
• Petawawa Predators Fundamentals and Novice Groups offer the opportunity to learn to swim competitively in a fun and inclusive environment. Provincially-qualified coaches develop young athletes and promote physical health. Contact email@example.com for more information or to schedule a no-obligation tryout at DDH.
• Log Cabin Quilters Guild. The guild meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month (Sept – June). Please note our new meeting location: The Silver Threads Centre, 1163 Victoria St, Petawawa. Everyone is welcome. Come out and see what we’re about. Meeting starts at 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. (come early and socialize, doors open at 6 p.m.)
• Fish and Chips at the Petawawa Legion every Friday from 4:30 - 6 p.m. Everyone welcome.
• 638 Algonquin Royal Canadian Air Cadets is recruiting. Youth between the ages of 12 & 18 can register Wednesday after 7pm at the Pembroke Armoury. Please bring your birth certificate, health card and a parent/legal guardian. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Musicians Wanted! 2 CMBG Pipes & Drums Band is currently seeking Pipers & Drummers. Open to Military and Civilians. Practice held Tuesday evenings, 9000 hrs - 2100 hrs in Building H-1. Contact Pipe Major Alan Buchanan Ext - 7106 Alan.Buchanan@forces.gc.ca for more information.
• Real People. Real Weight Loss. TOPS Club Inc. Struggling with your weight? Need friendly support? Join us for a free information meeting Wednesday nights @ 17:30hrs at the Civic Centre (upstairs room). For more info visit TOPS.org or e-mail email@example.com
• Drop-In Group for Women Survivors of Sexual Abuse, learn coping skills, connect with other survivors & participate in healing activities. Body image, boundaries, effects of sexual trauma, drumming, hiking and more. Call the Women’s Sexual Assault Centre at 613-735-5551 for more information. Space is limited, groups begin in September.
• Catch the Ace weekly lottery held by the Deep River Hospital Foundation with draws every Thursday night at 8:00 p.m. at the Deep River Curling and Squash Club. You don’t have to be present to win. Tickets can be purchased at Drea’s Barbershop, Razor’s Edge Barbershop, EGM Insurance and more. Visit www.facebook.com/drdhfoundation.org for more information.
• Crisis Responder Opportunities. Victim Services of Renfrew County is currently looking for Crisis Response Volunteers. Victim Services is a non-profit, volunteer based agency that assists police and fire services in providing emotional support and practical assistance to people who have experienced a crime, tragic life event or disaster. Please call Victim Services Renfrew County at 613-649-2852 or toll free at 1-877-568-5730 or visit our website at www.victimservicesrenfrewcounty.ca.
• Alcoholics Anonymous Petawawa Triangle Group, Monday to Friday 8 - 8:45 a.m., & Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays at 7:30 p.m. at All Saints Anglican Church.
• The Deep River Symphony Orchestra is looking for musicians to fill help fill out several sections, including violin, viola, cello, trumpet, oboe or French horn. The orchestra rehearses every Tuesday evening in Deep River and performs 5 concerts a year. If you are interested or would like more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Parkinson's Support Group every third Monday of the month from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. at Marianhill Inc. 600 Cecelia St. Pembroke. For more information, contact Krista Girard at 613-735-6839 ext. 205.
• Petawawa Legion Community Band is looking for new members! We are mainly a concert band with occasional marching. Members are of all ages and ability. Our Band School can also teach you to play, with instruments to rent. Wednesday evenings. Contact Verlie at 613-687-2890 or email@example.com, or visit www.PetawawaLegion.ca/band.
• Canadian Military Wives Choir Petawawa is looking for new members. If you’re a military spouse, partner or female CAF member, join us for friendship and fun. No experience necessary and no auditions. For more information, visit us on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bernadette McCann House provides free critical services and support to women, children and youth, who are experiencing abuse-related crisis or coping with the after effects of abuse. If you require the safety of our shelter, or immediate support, please call our 24hr confidential help lines at 1-800-267-4930 or 613-732-3131.
• The Women's Sexual Assault Centre offers a 24 hour, 7 day a week support and crisis line. If you or someone you know has been affected by sexual violence you can reach us at 1-800-663-3060.
• The War Horse Project is looking for enthusiastic, creative, dedicated individuals who want to give their time and skills to help with the development of this young organization. Visit our website, www.hopereinstherapy.com to find out more. Send your inquiries to the Program Director at email@example.com.
• Patient Volunteers needed at the Petawawa Centennial Family Health Centre. Patient volunteers who are current patients of a family physician or nurse practitioner at the PCFHC are needed to provide ideas and feedback. Contact Judy Hill Judy.Hill@pcfhc.ca, 613-687-7641 Ex 108 or, Carolyn Patterson Carolyn.Patterson@pcfhc.ca or 613-687-7641 Ex 110.
• Pembroke Symphony Orchestra, musicians needed! Openings for all strings, oboe, clarinet, French horn, trumpet, trombone and tuba. Rehearsals are Thurs night 7 - 9 p.m. at Festival Hall, Pembroke. Four concerts this season. For more information contact Kirsten, 613-687-1484.
• Volunteers needed for Meals on Wheels. If you have a vehicle and 3 hours a month free, then maybe you can help us. Delivering meals to Petawawa residents. Please call Ingrid at 613-635-2522.
• Carefor Health & Community Services is recruiting volunteer drivers! Pembroke, Petawawa, Deep River. Contact Alice Grenon 613-732-9993 ext. 3220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Petawawa Accessibility Advisory Committee (PAAC) is seeking new members. Please contact Executive Assistant, Kate Bennett at email@example.com or call the municipal office at 613-687-5536 ext. 2017, or visit www.petawawa.ca for further information and/or to download an application form.
• Renfrew County Learning Sessions. Pre-registration is required due to limited space. For session details and more information contact the Alzheimer Society’s program staff at 1-888-411-2067.
• Weekly Bingo, every Thursday evening the Chalk River & Area Lions Club weekly bingo starting at 6:45 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. Progressive jackpot of $1000. Nevada tickets sold. Come out and join us.